Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Drawings

In 1984 I was selling IBM PCs.  Before that I had sold mainframe & minicomputers.  I was fired up about the new technology.  But nothing sparked the true artist, creative being in me like that first Apple 128k Macintosh.  It's design, functionality & ease of use ignited my juices and enthusiasm.  Now, 27 years later, the iPad is doing the same.  I also credit an amazing keynote presentation by John Paul Caponigro, "Illuminating Creativity."  (www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/)  He started his talk by urging each of us to pull out our iPhone or iPad and begin doodling throughout his talk.  I have been doodling ever since.  Below are some of my doodles.











It has come to my attention that my doodles look a lot like the artist Ellsworth Kelly's work.  Beforehand I was totally unaware of his amazing work.  I am humbly flattered by the comparison.  (http://www.google.com/search?q=ellsworth+kelly&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=edq6TsDzG4OeiQLqw_D9BA&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1222&bih=1328&sei=%2029q6TuLQJu7ZiALkruCKBQ)

No comments:

Post a Comment