Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Season









Last year I planted my first garden in the local organic, community garden. Just harvested my first pumpkin. Tomorrow I pick another batch of ripe tomatoes. Although leaves rustle under feet & it's nippy early morning & night, we're finally getting summer midday here in Berkeley. Today's photos are courtesy of Marissa, my Bed & Breakfast (B&B) guest. Both of us studied photography but never fashion shoots. So we are winging it folks. When the market tanked in 2009 I lost 40% of my investments and income. One very enjoyable, easy way I'm making up some of that money is by turning my second bedroom into a B&B. I list with Airbnb. (www.airbnb.com/).  Over these last 3 years I've hosted some of the most wonderful people who've enriched my life immensely. Hat & jacket: Target. Boots: Merrell on sale from REI. Jeans: HUE. African bead necklace bought on the streets of NYC 20 years ago. Pullover from my FAVORITE rechicqued, clothing store, Sola Lucy located in Berkeley & Montclair. (www.solalucy.com/Sola_Lucy/Contact_Us.html)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty outfit. I love the pumpkin color you have used as an accent. I look forward to seeing more of your outfits. Please post closeups of your jewelry. I love to see other women's jewelry!

    ReplyDelete