Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Perspective



Thank you fellow bloggers for inspiring me today. My frivolity had fizzled; I have been feeling blah since the death of my dear soul sister.  I haven't been posting very often and hadn't looked at your wonderful blogs for a month.  Tonight I visited my favorite bloggers and voila! my spirits lifted; I got ideas & feel motivated.  You re-ignited my appreciation for the value of fashion & adornment.  I had sunk into an old feeling pattern that devalued frivolity, being frivolous had less worth than "serious" stuff; it isn't as respectable as "important" matters; it is too shallow to spend time on when there are so much weightier issues at hand.  Your posts reminded of the value of amusement, beauty & ingenuity in life; that fashion/adornment represents much deeper & broader issues of joy, play, self-confidence, self-respect, self-worth and creativity. Life must be balanced to be lived well.  A healthy dose of frivolity is just as important as any intellectual or scientific pursuit.  Everything in proper measure. Thanks again fellow bloggers!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Anita, so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. It's great to see you again, I've missed your cheerful posts. You are so right, life is a balance of frivolity and heaviness, so please don't miss out on the frivolity! : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sympathy. It is really, very difficult. I feel like part of my universe has been blown away. And time does heal and fun is everywhere to be had. I am having extra body work and a support group through the process. I LOVE your lacy blue Old Navy skirt, especially coupled with the flowered blouse and belt. And of course your radiant smile outshines the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete