Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Cowgirl Slippers

Hat, scarf & strappy white top: Target   
Hue jeggings:  DB Discount         Boho fingerless gloves:  Molly b 
Vertigo jacket & Bruno Magli shoes: Nordstroms            


In addition to working, I'm laboring over a few passionate projects.  I'm planning my 70th birthday party.  Evites are out to friends & family.  As most of you know, I love the beach, daily run there with my dog, Rio.  I am so excited that we will be having the celebration at the Berkeley Yacht Club, on the water with decks over the water.  But it meant limiting attendance to 120, the legal limit at the  Yacht Club.  I was inspired to have this celebration of our lives from being part of my dear friend Roberta’s passing.  At the Memorial and sitting Shiva for Roberta countless people shared their memories of her with our family. And I was so sad and sorry that she was not present to hear the wonderful stories, to share in the laughter, embarrassment & tears.  So to celebrate my 70th, I am inviting my favorite family & friends, to come together and share thoughts, feelings, interactions, experiences, events, occasions and/or stories. Those memories, junctures &/or times that are the defining moments, the telling tales of our relationship. I have an MC for the roast/toast & a friend coming in from NYC to sing.  It will be interesting & entertaining.  Wish you could all join me!  But you can listen to the Outrageous Older Woman music at www dot lizzelvin dot com.

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty jacket. I hope you have a wonderful birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbi! I love that Vertigo jacket, the peplum cut especially. It's gaberdine which I can wear year round in California. I'm sure I will have a wonderful time at the party. I didn't realize that having a party for 120 people with 30 out-of-town guests is like planning a wedding and I now have only 4 weeks. But I am very much enjoying reconnecting with family & friends, reminiscing and catching up. My son will be taking the still photos that day and I will post them.

      Delete
  2. How gorgeous you look. Very nice hat and I can't believe how beautiful your hair is! What a fun picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I just checked out your BLOG. It is wonderfully fun, entertaining, thought provoking and educational. You will now be a regular on my travels to other BLOGs.

      Delete
  3. You're such a gorgeous woman. Love those shoes. Hope you have a very special birthday celebration! Happy Birthday, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind to say that. It sure makes me feel good. Thanks for the birthday wishes. My son, day-in-law & two grandsons just took me out for a pre-birthday dinner. I love being with them!

      Delete
  4. You look hot! This outfit is gorgeous and accessorized with your beautiful smile. Can't wait to see how you celebrate the big 7-0!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! Latest post is from lunch at Chaya in San Francisco with my wonderful son on my birthday. It's been a bountiful week of celebrations. More posts coming up about all the exciting events.

      Delete
  5. Just found you on Visible Monday. You are beautiful. I just turned 69, so I'm starting to think about my 70th birthday too. It sounds like you have the perfect celebration planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow and love your BLOG. I am very grateful to be able to turn 70! I will let you know how the party turns out. I'm sure it will be fantastic! Thanks for your well wishes.

      Delete