Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

Costa Rica Downpour

This is the "green" or wet season in Costa Rica.  Wednesday night it was pouring rain in Quepos near Manuel Antonio National Park; I am so, so pleased that I packed my Merrill rain boots. It's very, very hot & humid so I wore short jean shorts (borrowed from Jessica), a black camisole, Tony Lama brown belt with horse buckle (a treasured present from Pat & Jim Hooley-Hookstra), brown hat & my brown boots (for fashion).  The downpour started while we were out and my waterproof Merrill boots kept my feet dry and helped on slippery surfaces.  Score one for foresight and fashionable, functional clothing designers.  iPhone photo.



4 comments:

  1. I've got those same boots and I can't wait until fall to wear them again. ;) With our thunder showers in Seattle I could probably get away with it today though. Love your hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . and they are so comfortable! Wore them again last night during an amazing lightening-thunderstorm & downpour.

      Delete
  2. You are rockin' the short shorts! I had written them off my list of possibilities, but you may have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say "go for it"! We only live once (that we know of, for sure). On the beaches here I see women from all over the world and many of the older ones are still wearing bikinis and they do NOT have a six pack of muscle. I wear a one piece but love to see older women in bikinis. That inspires me!!!!!!!! Maybe next year.

      Delete