Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Time flies


 I have been having so much fun I haven't taken the time to post for a week.  I have a backlog of photos to share with you all.  These first two were taken by Gayla.  I'll start with last Thursday, when my two new, dear friends, Gayla & Jose, from Russia and Spain treated me to a sumptuous lunch at our famous Chez Panisse Cafe, Alice Waters' restaurant.  http://www.chezpanisse.com/.  

The anniversary posters for Chez Panisse and some of Alice's cookbooks are crafted by David Lance Goines, renowned poster artist.  http://www.goines.net/poster_art.html   


 My home is filled with David's fine art, hand-printed posters.  Gayla fell in love with David's work after seeing it in my home.  As David is an old friend from college I arranged for us to visit his studio after lunch.  It seemed like the perfect marriage of activities.  We also visited David's stained glass triptych for Mary Magdalen Parish,  Berkeley, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment